Saturday, July 19, 2008

The rebirth of Sage & Grace Designs




Today is July 19th 2008. Over the past couple of days, I was trying to think of extra ways to earn a little extra cash to avoid going back to a 5 day a week job. I work 30 hours a week already, plus stay home with my daughter 3 days a week (one of those days I work from home, so it's double duty)


Anyway for the past 5-6 years I have been trying to get my own business up and running with a million ideas, and failures. After 5 years of working for other companies, buying other people's products, and trying a million pyramid schemes, I woke up one morning and realized that I have a computer & portfolio FULL of my own original artwork, a strong photoshop talent, & a closet full of custom rings, handmade jewelry & notes cards. I also have more experience and a better marketing & business sense to try this again.


I was going to put an ecommerce site on my Sage & Grace Designs website, but I found this wonderful place called Etsy. You can sell your handmade and homemade crafts for very little cost, and it is SO much fun to shop on their site. I missed the ebay band wagon, but Etsy is still new enough and I plan to use it wisely.


I plan to use this blog to journal my journey from taking an old dream, and bringing it back to life, and doing things the right way this time. I have met wonderful people along the way so far, like Sandra Magsamen, Holly Hobbie (the artist of Holly Hobbie), Dean Griff (Charming Tails), Mike Oleskow (of Max & Lucy) and also Susan Branch. All of these wonderful artists said similar things to me when I met them. 1. They all said that I had the mind of an entrepreneuer, and 2. To find your own style, and never try to be like another artist, just enjoy your own style. I thought back on all of those conversations, meetings, and inspiration and I am going to build up Sage & Grace Designs all over again.


Check back often, as new and exciting things will be coming up. Also visit www.sageandgracedesigns.etsy.com for new products and designs coming soon. I hope to get a couple of items up there by August 1st 2008.


Dream big & follow through...
-Kelli

No comments: