Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Well something seems to be working because I sold two flower necklaces, and a ring in the past two days. Sold two sets of earrings the week before as well. I have stumbled across so many wonderful people on Twitter that have sites on Etsy as well. I went from wondering how to get my jewelry "out there" with the other big fish, to feeling confident in the fact that I have my own style as does every other artist out there. For the first time in my life I am enjoying just being me. Colorful & whimsical. Very different from traditional jewelry and art, but everything I design makes me happy, and I feel that is most important. It's icing on the cake that other people are enjoying it too.

Beads are wonderful and a staple in any design, but I love working with Clay and made a flower necklace that I posted earlier. I have had so many people ask me about it, so I decided to make 6 more. 2 have sold already, and I have 3 more interested in them as well. Sure makes a rainy day much brighter! I have also found that are so many other mothers out there doing what they love to do as well. What a great concept! You can't help but want to spread the joy, right? All at the same time of wanting to keep this great little find to yourself until you can purchase everything from your wish list. Things really sell fast from there!

So as I sit here and join groups & teams, follow people, email back clients at this late hour, and think about the load of laundry in the dryer that needs to be folded... I leave you with one question that I have not quite figured out yet... When exactly did we slip into this indie crafter movement, and at what point did all of the social networking fall into place to blend so well, and connect so many people at one time? Seems like it all happened in the past week for me. If you have any thoughts, please share.

Dream Big & Follow through,
Kelli

No comments: